[ XXX ] [ ] [ ] quantity on hand – actual – 72 hour kit
[ ] [ XXX ] [ ] quantity on hand – actual – other locations
[ ] [ ] [ XXX ] quantity on hand – ideal – all locations
< > < > < > item common / useful in a 72 hour kit
[ ] [ ] [ ]* item in multiple categories
[ ] [ ] [ 999 ] a large quantity depending on you needs
[ ] [ ] [ N/A ] no action planned / required at present time
[ ] [ ] [ ] recommended product – ALL UPPER CASE DESCRIPTION
[ XXX ] [ XXX ] [ XXX ] each or specified unit of measure
PLANNING WORKSHEET – COMMERCE / FINANCE
(1) The United States Federal Government is running their money printing presses at full speed to extend their party (deficit spending) and destroy the value of the US dollar. Since many other countries are playing the same game, the US dollar may become “the lesser of evils” and not totally worthless like many experts are predicting. Gold and silver are popular hedges against inflation or the devaluation of paper money.
(2) A practical and realistic hedge would be as follows:
*** 10% of your liquid assets in gold bullion for the long term. Click the GoldMoney banner (above right) to open an account.
*** 10% of your liquid assets in pre 1965 United States silver coins for the long term. These coins are 90% silver. If the US dollar does collapse, GoldMoney and these silver coins will probably emerge as the new currency for some period of time. The supply of gold coins is too limited and their value would be too great to be practical. Do not invest this part of your assets in bullion, non legal coins, rare coins, or jewelry.
*** 10% of your liquid assets in Exchange Traded Funds such as SGOL (gold), SIVR (silver), and CEF (gold and silver) for the short term. Mining stocks are leveraged relative to commodity prices so greater gains or losses are possible. The best opportunities here would include GDXJ (Junior Gold Miners ETF) or SLW (Silver Wheaton). Strong commodity based currency funds like FXA (Australian Dollar) or FXC (Canadian Dollar) should also be considered. Foreign currency CDs are available at http://www.everbank.com Distribute this part of your liquid assets over at least 3 different investments to minimize risk.
More information about SGOL and SIVR is available at http://www.etfsecurities.com/us/faqs/etfs_faqs.asp#5
Also consider PHYS (Sprott Physical Gold Trust) and PSLV (Sprott Physical Silver Trust) with bullion holdings stored and fully allocated at the Royal Canadian Mint in Ottawa, Canada.
Some currency brokers will let you buy or sell gold and silver like any currency. This is a possible way to lock in profits of other investments you don’t want to sell or you could make additional income. Go to http://fxtrade.oanda.com/
A good long term sell target for gold would be when the price of gold and the Dow Jones Industrial Average are the same. For example, gold might be $3,500 per ounce and the Dow Jones Industrial Average would be 3,500. At this point, stocks would be a bargain and should be purchased aggressively after selling your gold.
Profits are possible from a strong US dollar by investing in the Exchange Traded Fund UUP (US dollar index).
Go to http://www.bigcharts.com or a similar site to review price charts before buying or selling.
Attention: This website now includes several chart generators (see home page or tools).
(3) If you have pension / retirement assets in invested in the bond market, protection and profits from falling markets are possible by investing in inverse Exchange Traded Funds such as TBF, TBT, or TMV. If you have pension / retirement assets in invested in the stock market, protection and profits from falling markets are possible by investing in inverse Exchange Traded Funds such as DXD (Dow Jones Industrial Average), QID (Nasdaq), and SDS (S&P 500).
(4) In addition to a bond market collapse, a destructive rate of inflation from reckless money printing may also force many banks to close and limit all levels of government operations. Keep enough cash in a home safe to pay all of your bills for at least 3 months. Keep some of your money in community banks or credit unions with no derivative investments or foreign loans.
(5) Reduce your personal debt.
(6) Reduce your daily living expenses.
[ XXX ] [ XXX ] [ XXX ] commerce / finance
< > < > < > financial account information
[ ] [ ] [ ] money – GOLDMONEY ACCOUNT
< > < > < > money – US paper dollars – $ x 1000
[ ] [ ] [ ] money – US SILVER COINS (pre 1965) – $ x 1000
[ ] [ ] [ ] safe – home
(7) The following merchants have the best inventory of pre 1965 United States silver coins: